This 3-day Adventurous Journey includes rock climbing, rappelling and camping skills as vehicles for learning on this journey of discovery.
The Duke of Edinburghs' Bronze Medal Award leadership program promotes personal development and an appreciation for our natural environment. Learn the essentials to properly camp, organize and execute day-hikes in order to rock climb and rappel in Skaha Bluffs Provincial Park. Under the guidance of a professional ACMG Guide, you'll be given the tools to successfully complete this 3-day leadership course. Skills include rock climbing, rappelling, camping, trip planning, preparing a day pack, guide books, route finding, pace, leadership and hazard assessment while learning to appreciate our natural surroundings. By course end, you will have the basic skills to car-camp, plan, prepare and accomplish day hikes as you are introduced to the fundamentals of rock climbing and rappelling.
As an entry level climbing program, you will have the opportunity to learn the foundations to safely belay, rock climb and rappel. However in order for you to continue climbing outdoors on your own, you will need further training. The next levels of training would either be our Basic Rock or Top Rope Anchor courses.
- Leadership Training
- Group Travel & Safety Concerns
- Backpacking & Day Hiking
- Pace Setting
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Cliff edge protocol
- Rescue protocol
- Use of guidebooks
- History of climbing and ethics
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Rock climbing movement skills
- Rappels using a back-up system
- Low impact Camping
- Tents, Tarps & Shelters
- Menu Planning
- Stoves & Cooking
|Ratio:||Min: 4 / Max: 7|
|# of Days:||3|
|# of Nights:||1|
* From $645 per person based on 4:1 Participant per Guide ratio for maximum safety, quality and value. Actual price will depend on final enrolment numbers.
* Ideal for groups of 4 or more persons.
* Group Rate discounts available for larger groups.
* Custom courses and course dates available on request.
* Season: May - September
* Contact Us to book your group.
* BC Park Permits & Campsite Fees included ($50 value).
* All technical climbing equipment included (helmets, backpacks, harnesses, rock shoes, ropes, hardware, etc.).
* Participants must supply own basic camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag & mattress). Stoves and cookware available for rent.
* Food & Menu Planning can be provided for an additional Fee or we can simply help you organize this for yourselves.
* Transportation included to the Skaha Bluffs each day.