This 5-day Adventurous Journey includes backpacking and camping skills as vehicles for learning on this journey of discovery.
This Duke of Edinburghs' Silver Medal Award leadership program promotes personal development and an appreciation for our natural environment. Learn the fundamentals to successfully complete a 5-day leadership, backpacking/day-hiking course into Cathedral Lakes Provincial Park. Under the mentorship of a professional ACMG Guide, develop skills to include trip planning, navigation, backpacking and low impact camping while learning to appreciate our natural environment. Cathedral Lakes Provincial Park is a beautiful cirque of granite spires and ridges with favorable weather conditions in an alpine environment. Jeep ride access, courtesy of Cathedral Lakes Lodge, enables us to establish a base-camp at 6,700', surrounded by alpine lakes and 8,500′ peaks. Day-hike objectives combine a network of trails and ridge walks to reach many of the major summits in this Park. As a leadership development course, you will be given the tools and the opportunity to co-lead day-hikes in order to summit a number of alpine peaks. By course end, you will have the basic skills to begin planning and accomplishing backpacking trips of your own.
- Backpacking & Day Hiking
- Leadership Training
- Use of guidebooks
- Group Travel & Safety Concerns
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Low impact Camping
- Tents, Tarps & Shelters
- Menu Planning
- Stoves & Cooking
- Map & Compass
- Route Plans & Navigation
- Route Finding
- Pace Setting
- Emergency protocol
|Ratio:||Min: 4 / Max: 7|
|# of Days:||5|
|# of Nights:||4|
* From $695 per person based on 7:1 Participant per Guide ratio for maximum safety, quality and value. Actual price will depend on final enrolment numbers.
* Ideal for groups of 7 or more persons.
* Group Rate discounts available for larger groups.
* Custom courses and course dates available on request.
* Season: Late June - Mid September
* Contact Us to book your group.
* BC Park Permits & Campsite Fees included ($40 value).
* Transportation from Penticton to Cathedral Lakes Provincial Park return included.
* Cathedral Lakes Lodges' Jeep Ride Access Fees not included (Adults $120 / Youths 14-18 years $70).
* Participants must supply own basic camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag & mattress). Stoves and cookware available for rent.
* Food & Menu Planning can be provided for an additional Fee or we can simply help you organize this for yourselves.