This 6-day Adventurous Journey includes rock climbing, rappelling, alpine rock climbing, backpacking and camping skills as vehicles for learning on this journey of discovery.
The Duke of Edinburghs' Gold Medal Award leadership program promotes personal development and an appreciation for our natural environment. Alpine rock climb and traverse amazing 8,600' tall granite spires in beautiful Cathedral Provincial Park. Under the supervision of a professional ACMG Guide, develop skills to include rock climbing, rappelling, trip planning, backpacking and low impact camping while learning to appreciate our natural environment. Cathedral Provincial Park is a beautiful cirque of granite spires and ridges with favorable weather conditions in an alpine environment. Once trip plans are complete, you'll hike into our strategically located alpine meadows base camp. Base camp provides short approaches and descents from a number of excellent multi-pitch climbs to include the N Ridge of the Deacon, the NW Ridge and SE Chimneys of Mt. Grimface.
This course is an excellent introduction to backpacking, alpine rock climbing and rappelling, but further training is required before you can safely venture out climbing on your own. By course end, you will have the skills to plan simple backpack trips but will require more complex rock training such as our Basic, Complete or Total Rock courses.
- Leadership Training
- Backpacking & Day Hiking
- Map & Compass
- Route Plans & Navigation
- Group Travel & Safety Concerns
- Pace Setting
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Placement Protection & Anchors
- Belay systems
- Lead Climb & Multi-pitch Strategies
- Seconding a Route
- Rock climbing movement skills
- Rappels using a back-up system
- Low impact Camping
- Tents, Tarps & Shelters
- Menu Planning
- Stoves & Cooking
|Ratio:||Min: 4 / Max: 4|
|# of Days:||6|
|# of Nights:||5|
* From $1,590 per person based on 4:1 Participant per Guide Ratio for maximum safety, quality and value. Actual price will depend on final enrolment numbers.
* Ideal for groups of 4 or more persons.
* Custom courses and course dates available on request.
* Season: Late June - Mid September
* Group Rate discounts available for larger groups.
* Contact Us to book your group.
* BC Park Permits and Campsite Fees included.
* All technical climbing equipment included (helmets, harnesses, rock shoes, ropes, hardware, etc.).
* Transportation to and from Cathedral Provincial Park included.
* Food & Menu Planning can be provided for an additional Fee or we can simply help you organize this for yourselves.
* Participants must supply own basic camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag & mattress). Stoves and cookware available for rent.