Review the skills that will allow you to safely approach a cliff edge, build, rappel and climb from sound top-rope anchor systems.
Top Rope Anchors Refresher Clinics are ideal for climbers who have previous top rope anchors training/experience, are competent belayers but need to be assured their current skills are correct. Review the skills required to safely approach a cliff edge, build either simple or complex anchor systems using fixed or natural anchor points and rappel using back-up systems. Please note this abbreviated course does not provide an opportunity to climb although a belay and communication review is included. Clients without previous Top Rope Anchors training should consider either our one-day Top Rope Anchors or our two-day Basic Rock Courses.
- Use of guidebooks
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Cliff edge protocol
- Top-rope anchor construction
- Fixed and natural rappel anchors
- Rappels using a back-up system
- Belay refresher
- Communications review
|Ratio:||Min: 3 / Max: 6|
|# of Days:||1|
|Duration:||8:00am - 1:00pm|
Previous top rope anchors experience/training.
Organize a group outing with your climbing partners.
Group Rate Discounts of 15% apply when 4 persons book together as a group.
* Contact Us to book a group.
Custom dates available for group bookings. Call for availability.
* Contact Us to upgrade this course date to a Private or Semi-Private course.