Alpine Rock will have your students rock climbing technical, granite spires with professional ACMG Guides in an incredibly beautiful alpine setting. Allow us to guide your group for an ultimate peak experience!
This quintessential program is one of the highest, lifetime achievements a student will ever complete. Students rock climb and traverse awesome 8,600' granite spires in the warm, dry, BC interiors' Cathedral Lakes Provincial Park. Rest assured, knowing your group is in the capable hands of our experienced, professional Association of Canadian Mountain Guide staff. Once trip preparations are complete, Alpine Rock begins by hiking into our alpine meadows base camp. Strategically located, base camp provides short approaches and descents from your climbs each day. We have an excellent selection of multi-pitch routes that we guide at 4:1 ratios to include the N Ridge of the Deacon, the NW Ridge of Mt. Grimface and the SE Chimneys of Mt. Grimface. Using smaller 3:1 group ratios, the ultra-classic McCabre - Grimface Traverses' sawtooth ridge can be climbed to include two stunning tyrolean traverses that will have students suspended 2,000′ above the valley floor! Sunshine, granite spires, unspoiled scenery, no crowds - incredible!
Alpine Guided Trip - Client Report:
- Leadership Training
- Use of guidebooks
- Backpacking & Day Hiking
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Tents, Tarps & Shelters
- Low impact Camping
- Menu Planning
- Stoves & Cooking
- Group Travel & Safety Concerns
- Route Plans & Navigation
- Map & Compass
- Route Finding
- Pace Setting
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Belay systems
- Lead & Top Belays
- Lead Climb & Multi-pitch Strategies
- Placement Protection & Anchors
- Seconding a Route
- Retreating from a route
|# of Days:||4|
|# of Nights:||3|
|Duration:||4 Full Days|
Back Packing experience recommended / Rock Climbing experience useful but not required.
* From $945 based on 4:1 Participant per Guide Ratio for maximum safety, quality and value. Actual price will depend on final enrolment numbers and duration of trip.
* Course includes 1-2 classroom lectures.
* Supervising Staff are encouraged to participate Free of charge (1 per Guide Ratio).
* Custom course dates available.
* Season: Mid June - Mid September
Contact Us to reserve your course dates.
* Transportation: Groups are responsible to provide transport to and from Cathedral Provincial Park
* Food & Menu Planning: We can provide this service to you for an additional fee or simply help you organize this for yourselves
* Participants must supply own basic camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag & mattress). Stoves and cookware available for rent.
* Minimum Age: 13 years
* Maximum Group Size: 24 students