Gain the skills to successfully facilitate an improvised rock rescue.
Whether you are an experienced multi-pitch lead climber or a novice climber seconding routes, you need to know the skills required to respond to a climbing emergency. Acquire the skills to become self reliant with the abilitiy to perform an improvised self-rescue using only minimal equipment. These essential rescue systems meet the professional Association of Canadian Mountain Guide standards. If you are either a summer mountaineer or ski tourer, consider augmenting Rock Rescue with our Crevasse Rescue course.
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Anchor construction
- Top & Ground Anchors
- Belay systems
- Rescue protocol
- Securing an injured climber
- Escaping a belay systems
- Lowering systems
- Z-pulley - raising an injured climber
- Retreating from a route
- Advanced rappels w/ a back-up
- Counter-balance rappels
- Mechanical ascenders
|Ratio:||Min: 2 Max: 4|
|# of Days:||1|
|Duration:||8:00am - 4:30pm|
Basic Rock or similar rope handling experience.
Organize a training day with your friends and take advantage of our Group Rates.
Group Rate Discounts of 15% apply when 3 or more persons book together as a group.
* Contact Us to either book your Group or to upgrade to a Private or Semi-private course.
Next season's course dates coming soon.