Learn the necessary skills to safely protect yourself in order to build, belay, climb and rappel from your own sound top-rope anchor systems.
Acquire the skills, knowledge and confidence required to safely begin top rope climbing outdoors. This course is ideal for gym climbers or climbers who have previously relied on others to set up their top-rope anchor systems for them. Learn how to safely approach a cliff edge, build both simple and complex anchor systems using fixed and natural anchor points, rappel using back-up systems, belay and communicate effectively. This intensive course will focus primarily on skill development with limited opportunities to climb. Clients requiring additional time to rehearse these skill sets plus the desire to develop their movement skills should consider our 2-day Basic Rock Course.
- Use of guidebooks
- History of climbing and ethics
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Cliff edge protocol
- Top-rope anchor construction
- Anchor systems
- Natural Anchors
- Top & Ground Anchors
- Belay refresher
- Communications review
- Rock climbing movement skills
- Anchor retreat skills
- Fixed and natural rappel anchors
- Advanced rappels w/ a back-up
|Ratio:||Min: 2 / Max: 6|
|# of Days:||1 Full Day|
|Duration:||8:00am - 4:30pm|
Previous indoor/outdoor top-rope climbing experience.
* $190 = Semi-Private Course Price
Group Rate Discounts of 15% apply when 3 or more persons book together as a group.
* Custom course dates available on request.
Organize a training day with your friends and take advantage of our Group Rates.
* Contact Us to either upgrade to a Private course or choose a Custom course date.