Basic Rock combines Rock 1 & 2. Learn to safely approach a cliff edge in order to build, rappel and climb from a sound top-rope anchor system together with the ability to effectively belay and communicate with your climbing partner.
Basic Rock teaches you the fundamentals to begin top rope climbing outdoors under the guidance of a professional ACMG Guide. Perfect for the novice climber, this two-day course is by far our most popular entry-level program. Learn how to safely approach a cliff edge, build both simple and complex anchor systems using fixed and natural anchor points, rappel using back-up systems, belay, communicate effectively and rock climb using efficient movement skills. Clients appreciate the second day of training in order for them to review and practice the more complex systems and gain the confidence required to safely begin top rope climbing outdoors on their own.
- History of climbing and ethics
- Use of guidebooks
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Cliff edge protocol
- Top-rope anchor construction
- Anchor systems
- Top & Ground Anchors
- Natural Anchors
- Belay systems
- Rock climbing movement skills
- Fixed and natural rappel anchors
- Anchor retreat skills
- Advanced rappels w/ a back-up
|Ratio:||Min: 2 / Max: 6|
|# of Days:||2|
|Duration:||8:00am - 4:30pm|
Organize a training day with your friends and take advantage of our Group Rates.
Group Rate Discounts of 15% apply when 3 or more persons book together as a group.
* Contact Us to either book your Group or to upgrade to a Private or Semi-private course.
Next season's course dates coming soon.