Basic Rock enables you to begin building, rappelling and rock climbing from your own top-rope anchor systems. These building blocks, together with effective belay and communication skills will give you a solid foundation to begin climbing outdoors safely. This course combines Rock 1 & 2 training modules.
Basic Rock teaches you the fundamentals to begin top rope climbing outdoors under the guidance of a professional ACMG Guide. Perfect for the novice climber, this two-day course is by far our most popular entry-level program. Learn how to safely approach a cliff edge, build both simple and complex anchor systems using fixed and natural anchor points, rappel using back-up systems, belay, communicate effectively and rock climb using efficient movement skills. Clients appreciate the second day of training in order for them to review and practice the more complex systems and gain the confidence required to safely begin top rope climbing outdoors on their own.
- History of climbing and ethics
- Use of guidebooks
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Cliff edge protocol
- Top-rope anchor construction
- Anchor systems
- Top & Ground Anchors
- Natural Anchors
- Belay systems
- Rock climbing movement skills
- Fixed and natural rappel anchors
- Anchor retreat skills
- Advanced rappels w/ a back-up
|Ratio:||Min: 2 / Max: 6|
|# of Days:||2 Full Days|
|Duration:||8:00am - 4:30pm Daily|
No prior climbing experience required.
* $375 = Semi-Private Course Price
Group Rate Discounts of 15% apply when 3 or more persons book together as a group.
* Custom course dates available on request.
Organize a training day with your friends and take advantage of our Group Rates.
* Contact Us to either upgrade to a Private course or choose a Custom course date.