Rock climb and traverse amazing 8,600' granite spires with a professional ACMG Guide in an incredibly beautiful alpine setting.
Cathedral Lakes Provincial Park is an alpine region located only 1 hours' drive from Penticton and is an unknown jewel to visit in the summer months. Rock climb and traverse awesome 8,600' granite spires in the warm, dry, BC interior. Customized to meet your personal goals, Alpine Rock can either be a guided experience or a technical training course, whichever you prefer. We start by hiking into our strategically located alpine meadows base camp, providing short approaches and descents from your climbs each day. Multi-pitch climbing options include the NW Ridge and SE Chimney routes on Mt. Grimface and the ultra-classic McCabre - Grimface Traverse. With a second guide, the McCabre traverses' sawtooth ridge can also include two stunning tyrolean traverses that will have you suspended 2,000′ above the valley floor! Sunshine, granite, technical summits and traverses with unspoiled scenery and no crowds! Allow us to guide you or your group for an ultimate peak experience.
Alpine Guided Trip - Client Report:
- Use of guidebooks
- Menu Planning
- Route Plans & Navigation
- Map & Compass
- Low impact Camping
- Tents, Tarps & Shelters
- Stoves & Cooking
- Backpacking & Day Hiking
- Travel & Safety Concerns
- Pace Setting
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Placement Protection & Anchors
- Top & Ground Anchors
- Lead & Top Belays
- Lead Climb & Multi-pitch Strategies
- Route Finding
- Seconding a Route
- Advanced rappels w/ a back-up
- Multi-pitch Rappels
|Ratio:||Min: 2 / Max: 4|
|# of Days:||3|
|# of Nights:||2|
|Duration:||3 Full Days|
Back Packing experience recommended / Rock Climbing experience useful but not necessary.
* From $1,325 per person based on 2:1 Participant per Guide Ratio for maximum safety, quality and value. Actual price could be less, depending on final enrolment numbers.
* Group Rate Discounts of 20% apply when 3 or more persons book together.
* Custom courses and course dates available on request.
* Season: Mid June - Mid September
* Additional climbing days can be added @ $335 per client per day. Actual price could be less, depending on final enrolment numbers.
* BC Park Permits and Campsite Fees included.
* All technical climbing equipment included (helmets, harnesses, rock shoes, ropes, hardware, etc.).
* Transportation to and from Cathedral Provincial Park not included.
* Food & Menu Planning can be provided for an additional Fee or we can simply help you organize this for yourselves.
* Participants must supply own basic camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag & mattress). Stoves and cookware available for rent.
Contact Us to reserve your course dates.