Complete Rock will enable you to become a proficient top-rope and sport lead climber. This course combines Rock 1, 2 & 3 training modules.
This thorough course is designed for boulderers as well as novice outdoor and indoor gym climbers who want to become proficient top-rope and sport lead climbers. Your learning outcomes will include how to safely approach a cliff edge in order to build, rappel, belay, communicate and climb from your own simple and complex top-rope anchor systems. You will also learn sport lead climbing skills such as clipping bolts, lead & top belays, anchor threads & lowers, single & multi-pitch lead strategies, rock climbing movement skills, advanced rappels and basic rescue techniques. Clients appreciate the extra day of training in order for them to review and practice the more complex systems and gain the confidence required to safely begin top roping and sport lead climbing on their own outdoors. Complete Rock is the perfect foundation for our more advanced Placement Protection lead course.
- Use of guidebooks
- History of climbing and ethics
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Cliff edge protocol
- Top-rope anchor construction
- Anchor systems
- Natural Anchors
- Top & Ground Anchors
- Belay systems
- Lead & Top Belays
- Dynamic lead belays
- Lead Climb & Multi-pitch Strategies
- Clipping quick-draws
- Rock climbing movement skills
- Anchor retreat skills
- Seconding a Route
- Retreating from a route
- Fixed and natural rappel anchors
- Advanced rappels w/ a back-up
- Basic rescue skills
|Ratio:||Min: 2 / Max: 4|
|# of Days:||3|
|Duration:||8:00am - 4:30pm|
No prior climbing experience required.
* Custom course dates available on request.
Organize a training day with your friends and take advantage of our Group Rates.
Group Rate Discounts of 15% apply when 3 or more persons book together as a group.
* Contact Us to either book your Group or to upgrade to a Private or Semi-private course.