Backpacking Leadership provides students with leadership development opportunities as they master the skills to competently live and travel in the backcountry.
Under the mentorship of professional ACMG Guides, students develop skills to include trip planning, menu planning, navigation, route finding, backpacking and low impact camping with an underlying emphasis on leadership development. Backpacking Leadership provides ample opportunity for personal growth and self-discovery as students co-lead day-hikes in order to summit a number of alpine peaks.
This program utilizes beautiful Cathedral Provincial Park, a cirque of granite spires and ridges with favorable weather conditions in an alpine environment. Jeep ride access, courtesy of Cathedral Lakes Lodge, enables us to establish a base-camp at 6,700', surrounded by alpine lakes and 8,500′ peaks. Day-hike objectives combine a network of trails and ridge walks to reach many of the major summits in this Park. Safety is our priority while providing students with an enjoyable, educational experience.
- Backpacking & Day Hiking
- Leadership Training
- Group Travel & Safety Concerns
- Emergency protocol
- Use of guidebooks
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Route Plans & Navigation
- Map & Compass
- Route Finding
- Pace Setting
- Low impact Camping
- Tents, Tarps & Shelters
- Menu Planning
- Stoves & Cooking
|# of Days:||4 Days|
|# of Nights:||3|
Day-Hiking experience useful but not required.
* From $385 per person based on 8:1 Participant per Guide Ratio for maximum safety, quality and value. Actual price will depend on final enrolment numbers and duration of trip.
* Course includes 1-2 classroom lectures.
* Supervising Staff are encouraged to participate Free of charge (1 per Guide Ratio).
* Custom courses and course dates available.
* Season: Mid June - Mid September
Contact Us to reserve your course dates.
* Cathedral Lakes Lodge Jeep ride access fee not included (School Group Rate: $60 per person).
* BC Park Campsite Fees not included.
* Participants must supply own basic camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag & mattress). Stoves and cookware available for rent.
* Food & Menu Planning can be provided for an additional Fee or we can simply help you organize this for yourselves.
Minimum Age: 12 years
Maximum Group Size: 40 students