Backpack through Cathedral Lakes Provincial Park, one of the most beautiful, best keep secret, alpine regions of British Columbia. Whether you're a novice or semi-experienced backcountry traveller, you'll have the opportunity to develop your backpacking skills with a professional ACMG Guide.
Cathedral Lakes Provincial Park is an amazing cirque feature, encompassing alpine ridges, granite spires and tarn lakes, while blessed with Okanagan sunshine and favorable weather conditions. Master backpacking skills and hone your decision-making to competently travel in a backcountry setting safely. Jeep ride access, courtesy of Cathedral Lakes Lodge, enables us to establish a base-camp at 6,700' on an alpine lake surrounded by 8,500′ peaks. The bonus to Backpacking is that we use these Jeeps to hall our heavy overnight packs up 4,000' to our base-camp. From basecamp, we have access to a selection of 5-star day-hikes using a network of trails and ridge walks to reach a number of major summits in this Park. Under the mentorship of an ACMG Guide, participants develop skills to include trip planning, clothing, menu planning, low impact camping, map & compass, route plans & navigation, weather, pace, backpacking and day-hiking. Safety is our priority while providing you with an enjoyable, educational experience.
- Use of guidebooks
- Backpacking & Day Hiking
- Group Travel & Safety Concerns
- Route Plans & Navigation
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Menu Planning
- Map & Compass
- Tents, Tarps & Shelters
- Stoves & Cooking
- Low impact Camping
- Travel & Safety Concerns
- Route Finding
- Pace Setting
- Emergency protocol
|Ratio:||Min: 4 / Max: 8|
|# of Days:||4|
|# of Nights:||3|
Day-Hiking experience useful but not required.
* From $675 per person based on 4:1 Participant per Guide Ratio for maximum safety, quality and value. Actual price may well be less, depending on final enrolment numbers.
* Custom courses and course dates available.
* Season: Mid June - Mid September
* Group Rate Discounts of 20% apply when 6 or more persons book together.
* Contact Us for group bookings or custom dates.
* BC Park Campsite Fees included ($30 value).
* Transportation to Cathedral Lakes Provincial Park not included.
* Cathedral Lakes Lodge Jeep ride fees not included (Adults $120 / Youths 13-18 years $70).
* Participants must supply own basic camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag & mattress). Stoves and cookware available for rent.
* Food & Menu Planning can be provided for an additional Fee or we can simply assist you in organizing this for yourselves.