Empower yourself with the knowledge to begin safely lead climbing placement protection routes.
The ability to lead climb using placement protection opens up whole new realms of possibilities for adventure that lie beyond the restricted environment of sport lead climbing. This course is ideal for climbers with previous sport lead climbing experience and/or training. Depending on your current skills, you'll have the opportunity to learn about placement protection products, single and multi-pitch placement protection anchors, single and multi-pitch lead strategies, lead and top-down belays, retreat methods while using advanced rappel systems and basic rescue techniques. Placement Protection provides a solid foundation with which to move on to our more advanced Multi-Pitch Traditional Lead climb course.
- History of climbing and ethics
- Product knowledge
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Harnesses, Knots & Rope Management
- Placement Protection & Anchors
- Anchor systems
- Natural Anchors
- Ground anchors
- Safety and hazard assessment
- Rock climbing movement skills
- Lead Climb & Multi-pitch Strategies
- Route Finding
- Lead & Top Belays
- Dynamic lead belays
- Belay stations and hanging belays
- Seconding a Route
- Retreating from a route
- Anchor retreat skills
- Fixed and natural rappel anchors
- Advanced rappels w/ a back-up
- Multi-pitch Rappels
- Escaping a belay systems
- Basic rescue skills
|Ratio:||Min: 2 / Max: 4|
|# of Days:||1 Full Day|
|Duration:||8:00am - 4:30pm|
Experienced top-rope, gym lead or sport lead climber, comfortable top-roping to a 5.9 standard.
* $195 = Semi-Private Course Price
Group Rate Discounts of 15% apply when 3 or more persons book together as a group.
* Custom course dates available on request.
Organize a training day with your friends and take advantage of our Group Rates.
* Contact Us to either upgrade to a Private course or choose a Custom course date.